[CM] sending osc from linux to mac

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at kolumbus.fi
Mon May 3 04:48:10 PDT 2010

hi,

I blowed the dust off from my midi-keyboard, installed the old SB Liive card in the linux box, and connected the keyboard to SB's midi. I've tried fluidsynth and qsynth to play midi, but none of them have worked. Loading soundfont with asfxload and connecting midi to emu10k with aconnect plays, but there's a disturbing ticking coming from SB. I'd like to use new grace 3.6b4 both in linux and osx and send midi via osc to mac. In mac, grace can play with simplesynth midi, but now I'm in need of an example how to exactly send midi from linux with osc to grace running in osx. If some is willing to share some scheme-code  in order to do this, I'd be more than grateful.

thanks

-matti