[CM] sndlib and extension languages

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 22 03:50:49 PDT 2010

I don't have any plans to add python as an extension
language, but it's certainly a possibility.  I started
a port about 10 years ago, and still have the macros,
but they are probably obsolete.

The "xen" name collision is unfortunate, but as far as
I know, I was using it first.  When I was casting about
for a name, I google'd "xen" (actually this might have
preceded google -- I can't remember now how we searched
the net in the good old days), and did not find anyone
else using it. It's hard to find a name that is
goggl-able and doesn't already have a bazillion
takers -- even "CLM" which is apparently a well-known
acronym for "Career Limiting Move" (example, punch the
boss on the nose) -- I kind of like that collision.