[CM] latest FOMUS not working with latest Grace

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Jun 1 02:47:07 PDT 2010

David Psenicka wrote:
> I can't reproduce the error (using Boost 1.40, the version you're
> using--I have Ubuntu 10.4, though, and a 64bit machine).  Do you have
> only one version of the `iostreams' library installed (I seem to
> remember that it's possible to have multiple versions of the libraries
> in Ubuntu, but maybe I'm wrong)?  I'll be able to compile it on a
> 32-bit machine tomorrow, maybe I will get the error then.

Hi David,

Thanks for the investigation. :)

No dupes here, I was careful to clean out a former installation in
/usr/local. The nm and ldd utilities make it clear what's being called
and what's missing. IIRC there are five or six unresolved symbols shown
by 'nm lilyout.so', all of which reference file_descriptor functions in
libboost-iostreams.

I'll continue to troubleshoot the problem today.

Best,

dp