[CM] snd 11.2

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Mon Jan 18 04:23:23 PST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, YOUR NAME wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm have a problem with snd, I start it at priority
> 50 and if I press play, it goes down to priority 2,
> then to 0.  I can't find anything about priority in
> the documentation.  Clicks and hums.  Aaaa.
>  nice day,
>   Dylan_

The jack backend manipulates priorities automatically,
using SCHED_RR while playing plus adding a watchdog.

In case you are using the jack backend, you should
not be able to set better priorities manually. Setting
a priority as high as 50 is not useful here. So those
clicks and hums are still going to be there. (chances
are they'll disappear if you use snd-ls instead of snd
though because the player in snd-ls puts all
sounddata on a ringbuffer before processing)