[CM] building grace

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 15 07:10:45 PST 2010

On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:58 AM, Matti Koskinen wrote:

> works perfectly

:)

> midi examples using qsynth and fluid should work, as grace finds the
> fluidsynth port and qsynth's light is blinking when midi is sent,
> but i get no sound. User error i think.

1. Make sure you have the IAC Driver Bus  active (use Apple's Audio/
Midi Setup utilitity)
2.  Try testing first with  SimpleSynth since I know this works:
		http://notahat.com/simplesynth
3. Start SimpleSynth and select "IAC Driver Bus" in its Midi Source menu

4. Start Grace and Select Audio>MidiOut> IAC Driver Bus 1

5. Type Command-T  to send a random burst to that port. if you dont
hear anythign then there is something wrong with the midi out device
or the routing.

6. If that works try a canonical example like  Help>Examples>Reich  or
something.