[CM] CLM-4 Mac OS 10.6 libclm.so problem

Michael Goldberg gdimike at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 14:28:24 PST 2010

I had the similar problems with CLM-4 in Ubuntu Linux 9.10 (64-bit)
and Crunchbang Linux 32-bit. (Crunchbang is derived from Ubuntu 9.04.)

The libclm.so file was not being created because development versions
of necessary libraries were not installed. (This is a common
Debian/Ubuntu problem -- you need to install *-dev versions of a
library to compile.)  I think after I installed the libasound2-dev and
libpthread-stubs0-dev it just started working on Ubuntu 64-bit, with
both clisp and sbcl. I may have installed some other libraries -- I
didn't keep close track. I also installed some lisp stuff (cl-uffi,
cl-asdf.)

The Crunchbang Linux 32-bit did not work even after adding the missing
*-dev libraries. Audio files (*.aiff) were created. The "sndplay"
program was compiled, but does not run correctly, so no sound is
heard. (Text is displayed on the screen; but no sound is played.)  My
sleazy hack to fix this is to replace sndplay with play from the sox
(sound exchange) package. Things seem to be working now, with both
clisp and sbcl.

Stupid question: what resources are required to run CLM-4?

Mike Goldberg, "Lost in Lisp"