[CM] a Grace/OSC question

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Apr 24 13:57:53 PDT 2010

Heinrich Taube wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I want to pick from a list of OSC messages but the following code
>> does not work correctly:
>>
>>   send("osc:message", pick("/ardour/transport_play",
>> "/ardour/transport_stop", "/ardour/goto_end", "/ardour/goto_start"))
>>
>> It picks only the gotos, it never toggles the transport.
>
> are you sure?? this is what i get:
>
> loop repeat 10
>   print(pick("/ardour/transport_play", "/ardour/transport_stop",
> "/ardour/goto_end", "/ardour/goto_start"))
> end
>

> /ardour/transport_play
> /ardour/goto_end
> /ardour/goto_end
> /ardour/transport_play
> /ardour/goto_start
> /ardour/transport_play
> /ardour/transport_play
> /ardour/transport_play
> /ardour/goto_start
> /ardour/transport_stop
>

> i dont have ardour, i can try to send those messages to liblo_server
> to see what it says.

Hi Rick,

I think I figured out what was happening. When Ardour reaches its End
marker the transport_play  message will fail, i.e. it behaves exactly as
if I were clicking on the Play button (no go). So Grace is working fine,
Ardour is doing what it's supposed to, and some message combinations
should probably be avoided. :)

Sorry for the noise.

Best,

dp