[CM] cm 3.6.0 betas available

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 19 15:11:31 PDT 2010

On Apr 19, 2010, at 2:48 PM, Adam wrote:

> Grace 3.6.0  seems robust and good. Beaut.
>
> There are enough Scheme Tutorials and Examples to get started,
> although more would be helpful.

yes, ill be adding scheme examples over the next few months. i did
rewrite the scheme tutorials, they are now cleaner and more in line
with the sal tutorials.

> However I find I'm having trouble constructing nested patterns in
> Grace Scheme.   Could you give an example for me ?

(define pat
    (make-cycle (list (make-heap '(a b c))
                      (make-heap '(d e f)))))
=> pat

(next pat 50)
=> (b c a f e d b a c e f d b c a e d f b c a f e d a c b d f e a c b
e d f a b c d f e b c a d f e b a)

You are getting confused about creating patterns and reading patterns
1 first construct a pattern with the (make-XXX ...) function (where
XXX is some pattern name)
2 once you have a pattern (that might contain other patterns) you read
items from it using  (next ...)