[CM] CLM-4/SBCL on OS X PPC

Geoff Lee g.lee at ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 30 02:18:51 PDT 2009

On 28 Oct 2009, at 18:38, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

>> Like I said, it seems to work fine on OSX/
>> intel and Windows (AllegroCL I think), so whether you'll be able to
>> produce whatever the problem is, I don't know.
>
> rats -- I can't get it to happen.  I can't think of anything simple --
> if I had a ppc mac, I'd add the -g3 switch to the C compiler switches,
> (and get rid of -O or -O2), comment out all the clm-print statements,
> recompile at least the instrument, and try again.

That seems to be the key. I couldn't see any -Os to remove from the
cflags, but it's definitely clm-print causing the crash: remove them
all and it works fine.

-g3 doesn't seem to throw up any more information when it crashes,
though perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place..

Thanks again for your help. I guess we can avoid using clm-print if
necessary but I'm happy to try anything else you can think of to try
and track down the problem.

Cheers,

-geoff
______________________________________
Geoff Lee <G.Lee at ed.ac.uk>
Computing Support
School of Arts, Culture and Environment
University of Edinburgh
20 Chambers St,
Edinburgh, Scotland,
EH1 1JZ
Tel: +44 (0)131 650 2341

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.