[CM] WIn binary that matches the Common Music Reference Manual

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Mon May 11 08:06:01 PDT 2009

> Does an appropriate windows-binary/documentation pair exist?

hello if you check out the latest cm2 line the documentation for it
should be correct:
it has nothing to do with windows, its pure common lisp:

svn co http://commonmusic.svn.sf.net/svnroot/commonmusic/branches/cm2
cm2

> I am an experienced lisp programmer, and I'd like a cm windows
> binary that matches the Common Music Reference Manual or some more
> up-to-date reference. I would prefer to use emacs as my interface,
> but in the past I have found discrepancies between the cm2 binaries
> that I could find for windows and both the CMRM and "Notes from the
> Metalevel".

If you want to use examples in notes from the metalevel you will need
to use the cm2 line of common music.  Most of the examples should work
inthe most recent version of cm2 (2.12.0), but there are undoubtabvly
some issues since the book is now four years old. you can use cm2 with
emacs, or with GraceCL, a gui that replaces emacs/slime (include synta
highlighting and provides all the common emacs keyboard commands) the
GraceCl app is actually part of cm3 (its a stripped down version of
Grace that works with common lisp.

to check out cm3 sources do:

svn co http://commonmusic.svn.sf.net/svnroot/commonmusic/trunk cm

you can build it on windows if you have mingw/msys. look in the
archives to this list for step by step instruction how to build it (or
see readme.text)