[CM] Notes from the Metalevel text

Adam ahcnz at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 8 13:35:02 PDT 2009

On Saturday 09 May 2009 01:50 am, Randolph Latimer wrote:
> I was wondering about this too, to clarify your question for myself-
> (I'm more familiar with vim/gvim as a editor, less familiar with emacs)
>
> The environment I'm using is to work from the cm command line, as if I'm
> inside a lisp runtime environment.
> It sounds like, from your question, that cm can be run from within emacs?

CM2 could be run from Emacs, so its great to hear that CM3 can be
built to do so too.

> I'm not used to running the program from within the editor, although maybe
> this is how cm is meant to be run?

For new users, and for teaching, the one binary with GUI makes much sense.

Its probably much the same, either way, Randolph.

Some of us like evaluating CM or Lisp or Scheme directly from within
the single page of Emacs text - its the advantage of having the
editor right there, and having quick access to evaluating CM or
Lisp of Scheme decode.  We all use some editor.