[CM] Using sndlib

Thomas Baruchel baruchel at zenbe.com
Sat May 2 13:42:14 PDT 2009

Hi, I finally understood that what I want is probably "using sndlib from guile (or S7)" rather than "using SND".
OK, but there is not many informations about that.
Here is what I did (and it does'nt work!)

I tell exactly what I do in order to let you see what is wrong.
I use Linux Ubuntu 8.04
I have several versions of Guile. I think that the software gets linked to libguile.so.17.1.1 but the error does not seem to be related to that fact.

Download the tar.gz
Uncompress it.
Go in the directory of the archive
Type the following things:
   ./configure --with-alsa --with-jack --with-guile --with-gnu-ld
  make
  sudo make install
  (and type my password ;-) )
  guile
  (define lib (dynamic-link "/usr/local/lib/libsndlib.so"))
  (dynamic-call "mus_sndlib_xen_initialize" lib)
  (load "sndlib-ws.scm")

I get the following error:

Backtrace:
In unknown file:
   ?: 0* [primitive-load "sndlib-ws.scm"]
In sndlib-ws.scm:
  18: 1* (define *clm-locsig-type* mus-interp-linear)

sndlib-ws.scm:18:1: In expression (define *clm-locsig-type* mus-interp-linear):
sndlib-ws.scm:18:1: Unbound variable: mus-interp-linear
ABORT: (unbound-variable)

If it is better to use S7, why not, but HOW will I use sndlib from S7 (I found no documentation at all on that topic)?

Best regards,

--
Thomas Baruchel