[CM] problems with cm3

lieven moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:18:34 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm still experiencing a number of problems after switching to cm3.

The biggest one I have is that when I sprout a number of processes at
the same ahead time, there seems to be a systematic drift between the
different processes.  The processes start out in sync, slowly drift
apart. Once in a while, I can hear that the processes are in sync with
each other, after which they drift apart again. I'm using ubuntu studio
8.04 on a dual core system with 4gigs of ram, so performance shouldn't
be the problem. Although I wonder if realtime priorities might have an
influence on his.

Another problem I have is when i'm sprouting to a midi file. When I
write a file which according to the scheduler is 120 seconds long
(display (elapsed)), and when I open it
in another sequencer (Rosegarden or Seq24), all the notes are compressed
in one bar.
And the distance between the original eight notes has become 8 ms. I saw
a previous thread in which you mention the miliseconds vs
divisions-per-quarter formats. I wonder
if you are still using the miliseconds format, and if this is the
problem I'm facing...

I also have problems when I use Grace to save (scheme) files. When I try
to commit my changes using git, git suddenly complains about lots of
trailing whitespaces. When I open the file I saved in Grace in another
text editor (vim or emacs), I cannot see any of the whitespaces git is
complaining about, so I'm not even able to get rid of them.
I even have this problem when I just save an emty file with Grace.

Thanks for your help

Lieven