[CM] Installing CLM 3.2.4 on OSX 10.5.7 - how to ?

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 25 06:49:22 PDT 2009

ok now ive posted directions on how to do this for all systems in the
past two weeks. from now on im going to point to the june '09 archive
of cmdist!
--rick

BUILDING SNDLIB AND CM FROM SOURCES ON OSX AND LINUX

These instructions assume you already have all c++ developer tools,
libraries and headers installed on your machine.  Its easiest if you
create  a common folder to hold the source trees for CM and SndLib.  I
created a  ~/Software directory to hold both systems on my machine:

         ~/Software/sndlib
         ~/Software/cm

BUILDING SNDLIB ON OSX/LINUX

1. Download, install and make the latest version of SndLib:

	$ cd ~/Software
	$ wget  ftp://ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/sndlib.tar.gz
	$ tar -zxf sndlib.tar.gz
	$ cd sndlib
	$ ./configure CC=g++
	$ make

BUILDING CM ON OS X/LINUX

1. Download and install Premake 3.7, make sure that the executable is
on your PATH variable:

	os x:  http://downloads.sourceforge.net/premake/premake-macosx-3.7.tar.gz
	linux: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/premake/premake-linux-3.7.tar.gz

2. Download and build the latest CM3 sources from Sourceforge.

	$ cd ~/Software
	$ svn co http://commonmusic.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/commonmusic/trunk
  cm
	$ cd cm
	$ premake --target gnu --sndlib ../sndlib
	$ make

The applications will be saved in the bin/ subdirectory. Documentation
and examples are in cm/res/doc. See cm/readme.text for more information.