[CM] Evolving Csound Instruments using Lisp and Genetic Programming

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Mon Jun 22 13:33:46 PDT 2009

Tom Jordan-3 wrote:

> Evolving Csound Instruments using Lisp and Genetic Programming
>
> Hi,
>    Is there a way to define Csound instruments directly in Lisp/CM so that
> they may be evolved using a Genetic Programming technique as developed by
> John Koza?
>    I've browsed through search results including older posts from this
> list
> which seem to indicate that a Csound API for Common Lisp is available or
> being developed, but I have no idea of the current state of this...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Tom, this isn't exactly what you are looking for but you might be able to
glean some ideas from it.  Dave Griffiths' Fastbreader does use Genetic
Programming (written in Python) to create a lisp like expression for sound
generation, the user selects the best of four sounds as a fitness function.
    http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fastbreeder/

-- Jeff Sandys