[CM] build cm3

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 21 10:52:19 PDT 2009

> can someone please give me instuctions for building cm3 from the svn
> trunk?
> I'm working on windows and have limited knowledge in these matters...

BUILDING SNDLIB AND CM FROM SOURCES ON WINDOWS

These instructions assume you already have Microsoft Visual Studio
Express C++ 2005 installed on your computer. Its easiest if you create
a common folder to hold the source trees for CM and SndLib.  I created
a C:\Software directory to hold both systems on my machine:

         C:\Software\sndlib
         C:\Software\cm

BUILDING SNDLIB ON WINDOWS

1. Download and install the latest version of SndLib:

         ftp://ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/sndlib.tar.gz

2. Double-click  'sndlib.vcproj'  to open the project in Visual
Studio.  In the configuration pulldown menu select 'Release' (it
defaults to 'Debug' I think) and then choose 'Build Solution' from the
Build menu (or press F7). This should compile the release version of
the sndlib library.

BUILDING CM ON WINDOW

1. Download and install Premake 3.7, make sure that the executable is
on your PATH variable:

         http://downloads.sourceforge.net/premake/premake-win32-3.7.zip

2. Open a CMD shell (terminal): Select Run... from the Start menu and
click OK.

3. In the terminal window, change directories to your CM directory and
use premake to create the Visual Studio project files:

	cd \Software\cm
	premake --target vs2005 --sndlib ../sndlib

4. Double click the file 'cm.sln' , select the Release configuration
in the pulldown menu and press F7.