[CM] Grace, Linux & Sound

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 13 06:38:31 PDT 2009

you can write realtime midi data , but you have to use 'qjackctl' or
whatever to configure ports first.
you can write audio files using sndlib and clm instruments
you cannot play audio files except by some external app. This actually
has nothing to do with Grace, which is making the the exact same calls
on Linux as it is on OS X and windows, where things work.  from my
perspective it seems like linux audio is overly complex and  juce
linux (alsa) audio support has serious problems.