[CM] osc / svn

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 31 06:17:30 PST 2009

On Dec 31, 2009, at 5:37 AM, Johannes Quint wrote:

> rick,
> two questions:
> - can you give me again the path for svn installation, i've download
> the grace-bundle and forgotten hov to svn-update.

svn co http://commonmusic.svn.sf.net/svnroot/commonmusic/trunk cm

directions for building everthing are in readme.text, including how to
install sndlib, see "BUILDING SNDLIB AND CM FROM SOURCES ON OSX AND
LINUX"

but i save random osx snapshots here (ill be making a release in mid-
january), the current is from yesterday:

http://camil.music.uiuc.edu/software/grace/xcm.zip

> - can you send me your explicit code for communicating with
> supercollider, i've tried this one:
>
> send "osc:open", 7779, 57120
> send "osc:message", "/s_new", "default", 1000

this makes sound for me:

start sc
press the Boot button on the "localhost" server
start grace get a new lisp window, eval each statement:

(osc:open 57121 57110)
(osc:message "/s_new" "default" 800)
(osc:message "/g_freeAll" 0)

see cm.html for doc on these osc functions.