[CM] Multiple Lisps

Michael Winter mwinter at unboundedpress.org
Thu Dec 3 16:16:13 PST 2009

Thanks Heinrich,

Gregory Chaitin has a rather pure lisp with a couple added functionalities.
The most important one being that an evaluation can 1) be stopped in a
number of steps if it does not halt and return a failure message if so. 2)
can evaluate an arbitrary string of bits as a lisp expression.

I just to a quick look into the GraceCL code and saw the socket connection.
I guess I am unclear where the message goes and how the evaluated
expressions comes back. Your hack seems like a nice option (perhaps there
are others that I am missing). Would I set up the message to be received
straight into the other interpreter?

I was looking into s7 and seeing if a keyword could just instantiate the
other lisp interpreter.

Best,

Mike