[CM] new: cm3 command line options

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 20 03:17:10 PDT 2009

> I've recently moved to Mac and am trying to do the same with CM3.
> i.e you cannot pass the mac 'cm' binary a file to evaluate i.e.

actually i added command line options to the cm app this past weekend,
including --load, --eval and --batch options.   you can provide
multiple --eval and --load options, they are processes in a left-to-
right manner. here is the set i have so far:

hkt$ cm --help
Usage: cm [options]
   --version	print version and exit
   --help	print help and exit
   --load <file>	load file
   --eval <expr>	evaluate expression
   --batch	process options and exit
   --quiet	don't print startup banner

i also completly rewrote the read-loop, it now handles multi-line
input much better. if you are using the cm console app you should
definately do a svn update.  i removed the 'q' option for quitting,
use the (quit) function to quit instead.