[CM] trouble with snd using X11 on mac tiger

Bingxin Shen bingxin.shen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:32:34 PDT 2008

Hi all,
I am new to snd.
My laptop is Mac OS 10.4.11, and the X11 version is 1.1.3.
I am trying to remote access the snd on the sever using ssh -X connection.
BTW the server is Debian.

Whenever I remote logged in with ssh, if I run snd, I could only get the
graphic interference, but when I clicked on the menu it just died...
with such error info:
"The program 'snd' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 256 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)"
The serial number changes...

I could not figure out what is wrong.
Could any one help me out?

I know the other guy using Mac OS 10.5.1 has no problem with the connection.
I think all the other settings/hardwares for me are the same as his.
Does snd only work with Leopad(10.5) but not with tiger(10.4)?

Any comments?
Thanks a lot!

--
Best,