[CM] clm/cm3 in s7 scheme

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 30 03:41:28 PDT 2008

thanks to heavy lifting by bill -- who got sndlib/s7 building in g++
-- i have cm3 and clm running in s7 scheme. the executable is a juce
console app statically linked against sndlib/s7.  its fully
relocatable and contains all the clm and cm scheme sources inside it,
sources are autoloaded when you start the app so you dont have to do
anything except load snd instruments! the repl is really crappy right
now but you can load fm-violin and make toots, and the entire cm3
toolkit (patterns, loop etc) is working modulo unfound bugs.   if you
want to play with it ive saved a source tarball that should build on
linux and osx:

http://camil.music.uiuc.edu/Software/grace/downloads/cm3.tar.gz

its a snap to build -- see the cm3/readme.text for how to do it.  I
dont have midi or grace ports or realtime yet, the next step is to get
ports going, ill see if i cant add ketjils osc port while im at it. I
dont know if s7 will run in realtime, but regardless getting clm going
in Grace should be very easy now.

dhcp204a:cm3 hkt$ bin/cm
S7 Scheme (c) 2008, William Schottstaedt
  /\\\
---\\\---------
----\\\--------
----/\\\------- Common Music 3.2.0
---/--\\\------
--/----\\\-----
  /      \\\/

cm> (load "/Users/hkt/Software/snd-10/v.scm")
fm-violin
cm> (with-sound () (fm-violin 0 1 440 .1))
"test.aiff"
cm> (define pat (make-heap (hz '(c4 d ef f g af bf c5))))
pat
cm> (with-sound () (loop repeat 20 for t from 0 by .1 for f = (next
pat) do (fm-violin t .2 f .1)))
"test.aiff"
cm> (quit)
Bye!