[CM] Receiving OSC

Max Worgan maw5 at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Oct 22 07:46:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to get CM to receive osc messages from processing
and have got a little stuck. I'm running CM  2.10.0 on OS X.

It seems straight forward sending messages from CM:

CM> (defvar *osc-stream* (new osc-stream :remote-host
"127.0.0.1" :remote-port 12000))
*OSC-STREAM*
CM> (open-io *osc-stream* t)
#<osc-stream #x8752FAE>
CM> (send-msg '(test) *osc-stream*)
12

Processing is listening on 12000 and can successfully receive the
messages.

I've tried calling osc-stream with the :local-port args like so:

CM> (defvar *listen* (new osc-stream :local-port 12001))
*LISTEN*
CM> (open-io *listen* t)
#<osc-stream #x881F9DE>

And I can clearly see the dppccl process listening on port 12001

I've tried to define *osc-recv-callback* to something useful as well
as using set-receiver! but it complains about osc-stream not
supporting pthreads.
I'm kind of stabbing in the dark here, as I'm no lisp expert.

Any suggestions/hints?

Thanks,
Max.