[CM] Copy and Paste (?)

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon May 12 16:19:37 PDT 2008

There is at least one known Xm/Xt bug in this area, if you're
using button 2 to drag:

http://bugs.motifzone.net/long_list.cgi?buglist=201

They say it no longer causes a crash, but that's incorrect.
If that's the bug, you'll be in StartDropTimer in DropTrans.c
at the point of the bug, or you'll get a complaint in the shell
that the previous timer did not finish (I can get both to happen).
In any case, drag and drop to or from the listener widget does not
involve any of my code -- it's Motif, Xt, X, and maybe
the window manager, so in both this case and the earlier one,
there's not much I can do, but be sympathetic --
you could file a bug report with the openmotif project.

I do set up drop locations for the channel graph, the top level menu,
and the view files dialog, so in those cases, it might be my problem.