[CM] music5

Wed May 7 13:15:53 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 12:53 -0700, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
> To follow up a previous reference, I asked Max whence the
> name "Harvey", and, as I sort of suspected, it is a reference
> to the invisible rabbit.
>
> I was thinking about the planetCCRMA package -- this is
> a program that expects its users to rewrite it -- maybe it's
> best after all to simply provide the source.  There's very
> little you can do with the straight version.

Yeah, that might be best.

I thought briefly about this and it occurred to me that all the source
has to definitely be part of the package. I still have to look at it,
but I imagine a ready to run binary would not be bad either (for demos,
etc). But then it may not be useful at all (don't know yet).
-- Fernando

PS:
What would be interesting is to have an emulator. You know, like the
shiny plugins on exotic platforms like xp and osx that look _exactly_
like the analog synths they (try to) emulate. We have to have one for
the card reader. And make it so the only way to input programs is
through virtual cards that you have to punch in a virtual, emulated
punch card machine (with sound effects, I still remember the sound)...

http://www.tietokonemuseo.saunalahti.fi/eng/kuva_10_eng.htm