[CM] Music5

Thu May 1 10:03:17 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 05:57 -0700, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
> Thanks Dave!  I'm all smiles.  And thanks Nando-in-the-Other-Hemisphere.
> I'm hoping to get some music -- Max mentioned that others have wanted
> to use music5, and I can't see any reason why my fm-violin wouldn't work.
> I think I found a reverberator from that era, without which there's no point
> in going on.
>
> But first, I need to get file IO squared away.

Woohoo!...

In my first class here (at TU-Berlin) I gave a short "history of
computer music" introduction[*] and I toured through the music n
languages lineage. It would have been superb to be able to open a
terminal, run a PDPx emulator and actually compile a score! Of course
the emulator should have a "native speed" option to slow down things to
the crawling pace of that time...

-- Fernando

[*] an extension of the slide show Juan Pablo Caceres created for our
workshop in Mexico.