[CM] SBCL/CM + SLIME = [Error ] No executable found.

Arthur W. Green awg at panix.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:39:02 -0400

On Mar 25, 2008, at 7:05 AM, Bret Battey wrote:

> I was able to get this working with some tweaks -- for some reason
> Aquamacs wasn't finding SBCL when calling cm-program, even though I
> have the path in my .cshrc, so I had to provide full path:

Yes.  Aquamacs, like most Mac OS X applications, isn't launched from
the same shell environment as a Terminal window, so it won't pay much
attention to the startup files in your home directory.

> (setq cm-program "/Applications/lisp/cm/bin/cm.sh -l /usr/local/bin/
> sbcl")

If you add /usr/local/bin to the path strings in /etc/profile and /
etc/csh.login, Aquamacs shouldn't need more prodding to find sbcl.

Another option would be to set the CM_RUNTIME variable in your cm
startup script:

${CM_RUNTIME:=/usr/local/bin/sbcl}

CM will then use sbcl by default, finding it with or without Emacs.

> Now I am well on my way to having my PICACS (Bézier spline modeling
> software) running again...

Best of luck!

\\ Arthur