[CM] CM in Aquamacs 1.3a with SLIME - Apple + E doesn't work

Arthur W. Green awg at panix.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 02:57:38 -0500

On Feb 28, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Jacob Rundall wrote:

> With the last version I was using (distribution 1.2a) I could use
> Apple+E to evaluate LISP code.  With the new version 1.3a I can't -
> I just get a message that says "The mark is not set now, so there
> is no region".  I can still evaluate code with ctrl-X ctrl-E, but
> I'd like to be able to use Apple+E instead.  Do I need to
> reconfigure something?

Yes.  1.3a's osx-key-mode introduced a new binding for cmd(/apple)
+e.  Because this is a minor mode that you will usually want enabled,
this binding will take precedence over the one set in CM's cm.el.

A quick, dirty way to settle this inconvenience is to rebind slime-
eval-expr to an unused shortcut key in your .emacs file:

(global-unset-key [(alt e)])
(define-key slime-mode-map [(alt y)] 'slime-eval-expr)

Or you can change cm.el accordingly.

\\ Arthur