[CM] snd minibuffer is broken under motif front end

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 07:56:32 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Bill Schottstaedt
<bil at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you're referring to in regard to the cursor -- Snd has

What I say is: the "modeline" (the place where the minibuffer resides,
I'm just doing an analogy with emacs here, not  sure what the name is)
contents are incorrectly displayed or not displayed at all. The
symptoms are:

i. Disregarding the silent/verbose setting, the cursor position at the
graph is never visible (except momentarily as shown in the second
snapshot, following specific steps),

ii. The text at the left of the minibuffer is positioned too high so
only its lower half is visible,

iii. (And this could be a bug or simply a difference between
frontends) The minibuffer input box disappears as soon as I click
outside the modeline

If the cursor coords are expected to be displayed at the minibuffer,
as in the case of the gtk fe, i and iii are related problems.

> a bunch of cursors.  The one in the graph marks a particular sample,
> and if you move the view away from it, you won't see it.  Each text

That's fine

> Sometimes Motif labels aren't resized correctly -- I think that's what
> happened to the "file:" prompt -- this, in my opinion, is a  bug in
> Motif.

Ok. This is just a minor annoyance, but not knowing the exact position
of the cursor in the graph could be a blocker.

Regards
-Carlos