[CM] graceCL on OSX

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:51:13 -0600

hi are you able to start sbcl in your Terminal with the exact same
string that you provided in the the executable field?
if so, then send me what is printed in GraceCL's console window when
it attempts to start sbcl.
what version of sbcl are you using and on what sort of computer.

if it can start sbcl, gracecl attempts to make a socket connection.
sometimes on slow machines the startup of sbcl can take a long time as
it loads its posix library. ive had ocassions when the connection
attempt actually times out. when i then try again it works.