[CM] CM 2.11.1 without slime

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:16:55 -0600

> Hi Rick,
>
> i just updated from CM 2.7.0 to 2.11.1. Is there a way to run CM
> 2.11.1 under Emacs 21 without slime?
>
> Best,
> Hanspeter

yes, if you wait a day or two we will be releasing binaries of Grace
1.0.0 and GraceCL 1.0.0. The latter (GraceCL) combines Grace with
common lisp (CLISP or SBCL for now...) and bundles together CLM CM
and FOMUS .

either version of Grace contains the same emacs like editor,
including syntax highlighting, eval services, s-expression cursor
motion, and (tada!)  COMMAND-D symbol documentation lookup for CM CLM
and Common LIsp/ r5rs scheme symbols.

the regular Grace app is realtime with Chicken Scheme built into the
app. its a different sort of beast and is documented here (check out
the cool examples section):

http://pinhead.music.uiuc.edu/~hkt/grace/doc/scheme.html

more on this in a day or so.