[CM] snd: cannot set hardware parameters for default

Funny Zen funny_zen at yahoo.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:00:36 -0800 (PST)

--0-1597357173-1201042836=:42703

By the way, I'm not looking for easy answers or using the list to avoid trying to find solutions on my own, on the contrary I try a lot. It's just difficult and takes time for a new user to understand how Linux 'thinks' even for the things that a regular user takes for granted.

FunnyZen

Funny Zen <funny_zen@yahoo.com> wrote: I have installed both alsa and jack. do you suggest that I should uninstall alsa and use oss? Because other sources suggest to use alsa together with jack. But, I guess this is a really newbie's question, do I have to do anything everytime I want to use jack with a program like snd? I use fedora c7 with the planetccrma kernel, so I always thought that everything is configured since I use planetccrma. I did search in the web to find how to configure jack in fedora but got even more confused.

Does anybody have any idea about the clm problem? this is more important for me at the moment.

"Kjetil S. Matheussen" <k.s.matheussen@notam02.no>  wrote: On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Funny Zen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> when trying to load and edit a soundfile in snd it works ok, but when I
> try to play the file I have an error "can't play: not valid parameter:
> cannot set hardware parameters for default". I do have audio with other
> applications.

I guess using a different sound API than alsa should solve problems like
that. OSS and/or jack should work fine.

Be a better friend, newshound, and  know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

--0-1597357173-1201042836=:42703

      <hr size=1>Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ "> Try it now.</a>
--0-1597357173-1201042836=:42703--