[CM] Grace: realtime audio with Csound5

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:28:40 -0800

Heinrich Taube wrote:
>> Well, I got it to build. I ended up having to install Chicken from
>> source,
>
> thank you for trying. you need to build against chicken scheme 3.0.0.
> you can install its binary version or build from source. for the latter
> i have directions in gace/src/install.html at the end of the file

It is 3.0.0, both in the Gentoo distro and what I used to build Grace. I
couldn't figure out why the premake step wasn't finding the installed
Chicken, so I just made a copy of it.

By the way, Premake is *not* in Gentoo, although Lua is. So as far as
dependencies are concerned, running Grace (Scheme version) on Gentoo
"only" requires Juce and Premake from outside the distro.

>> I can start up the console, and I can make it larger. But I can't move
>> it.
>
> odd. i dont know what thats about unless its the bug with the w windows
> libxcb library i wrote about. what version of libxcb is your gentoo using.

*  x11-libs/libxcb
       Latest version available: 1.1
       Latest version installed: 1.1
       Size of downloaded files: [no/bad digest]
       Homepage:    http://xcb.freedesktop.org/
       License:     X11