[CM] newbie on OSX - graceCL and sbcl...

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:20:00 -0600

> "/usr/local/bin/sbcl --eval '(load "/Applications/musica/GraceCL.app/
> Contents/Resources/grace/grace.asd")' --eval '(asdf:oos (quote
> asdf:load-op) "grace")' "
>
> and got sbcl running, but have received this error from sbcl:

thats why its failing, for some reason sbcl cant find its asdf file.
what version of sbcl are you using? sbcl normally ships with asdf
included under its runtime library (/usr/local/lib/sbcl) for example
on my machine installing sbcl gave me this:
	/usr/local/lib/sbcl/asdf/asdf.fasl

for some reason your sbcl does not have asdf installed there or you
dont have the /usr/local/lib/sbcl runtime support installed or your
sbcl is looking for the runtime in the wrong place. i dont know why
this is the case. gracecl needs asdf and (for sbcl) it also needs
posix support. if you cant do

	$ sbcl
	* (require :asdf)
        * (require :sb-bsd-sockets)
        * (require :sb-posix)

the startup will fail. as i say all of this is part of the normal sbcl
binary distribution as you can see here:

zippy:src hkt$ sbcl
This is SBCL 1.0.12, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
* (require :asdf)

("ASDF")
* (require :sb-bsd-sockets)