[CM] newbie on OSX - graceCL and sbcl...

padovani josepadovani at yahoo.com.br
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:40:31 -0200

> use /Applications/Utilities/Console application to see what mightbe
> going wrong. look in the console log
>
> also you might want to delete any prefernecs and any fasls under the
> app first:
>
>     rm ~/Library/Preferences/Grace*
>     rm /Applications/musica/GraceCL.app/Contents/Resources/grace/*.fasl
>
> you could also try pasting this part of the startup into the Terminal
> to see what happens:
>
> /usr/local/bin/sbcl --eval '(load
> "/Applications/musica/GraceCL.app/Contents/Resources/grace/grace.asd")'
> --eval '(asdf:oos (quote asdf:load-op) "grace")'

I have successfully removed the Grace preferences (there was nos fasl's)...

Then I've run

 "/usr/local/bin/sbcl --eval '(load
"/Applications/musica/GraceCL.app/Contents/Resources/grace/grace.asd")'
--eval '(asdf:oos (quote asdf:load-op) "grace")' "

and got sbcl running, but have received this error from sbcl:

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR:
  Error during processing of --eval option "(load
\"/Applications/musica/GraceCL.app/Contents/Resources/grace/grace.asd\")":

  Don't know how to REQUIRE ASDF.
See also:
  The SBCL Manual, Variable *MODULE-PROVIDER-FUNCTIONS*
  The SBCL Manual, Function REQUIRE

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [CONTINUE] Ignore and continue with next --eval option.
  1: [ABORT   ] Skip rest of --eval options.
  2:            Skip to toplevel READ/EVAL/PRINT loop.
  3: [QUIT    ] Quit SBCL (calling #'QUIT, killing the process).

((LAMBDA (SB-IMPL::E)) #<SB-INT:EXTENSION-FAILURE {116298D1}>)

> you can also try starting GraceCL from inide the Terminal so you see
> the debuggin printout, the file doc/install.html tells you how to do
> this.

I've tried that too... and, after starting grace, configuring Grace to
load sbcl /usr/local/bin/sbcl and starting lisp, I get the same error... :(

Any idea?