[CM] Some Grace questions

James Baker cycle.code.media at gmail.com
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:51:03 +1100

I only started playing around with Grace yesterday so I'm sorry if the
answers to the questions I'm about to ask are obvious.....

First up, using a simple example as provided in the documentation.

(define (simp n)
  (go ((i 0 (+ i 1))
       (k 60 (ran 30 70)))
      ((= i n)  )
    (send "mp:note" #:key k)
    (wait .1)))

(sprout (simp 20))

How (if its possible with Grace), would you change this so that -
A) If I was to eval "simp" then sprout some copies of "simp", then
alter "simp" and re-eval.
    Is it possible to make the process' that are waiting to be
sprouted use the new definition?
B) So that instead of sprouting a fininte number of "simp"s it would
continue indefinetly untill told otherwise?

Also, if I have a library of scheme files where can I put these so
that grace loads them at startup?

Thanks,
James