[CM] ANNOUNCE: Grace 1.0.2

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 26 15:12:21 PDT 2008

for info about the new midi seq stuff look in this online link:

	http://camil.music.uiuc.edu/Software/grace/doc/ports.html

to learn how to use the capture seq, load the the Midi tutorial from
the help menu and do it.

in short you can:
1. record realtime midi messages you send to Midi Out
2. put port in "score capture mode" and send time stamped data to it,
in which case it acts sort of like the old cm.
4. import midi files into the tracks menu and then restore them to the
capture sequence.

captured midi data can be saved to track or files, or exported as text
back to the editor window. thats pretty cool.
next release will allow you to send data to plotter for gui editing
and playback.

any ideas on how to improve or simplying would be appreciated.
one thing that i already know it needs are some sal/lisp commands so
you dont have to use the menus to manipulate the sequnce