[CM] Question about guile modules with snd.

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 04:36:38 -0700

> I'm attempting to create clm modules for snd. When I use define-module
> previous definitions appear to not be visible to the new module.

This part of Guile was in flux for a long time, then settled into something
incompatible with Gauche (I think all Schemes do it differently, and only
Jaffer's provide/require mechanism has any hope of being portable).
R6RS probably came up with yet another way.  So, currently
every Snd identifier is just placed in the guile-user module, and not
explicitly exported.  I could export all the names automatically (but
in the xg module I bet there are around 5000 names), or perhaps
it would work to export them from some Scheme file -- I don't know
if there are restrictions on when you can declare something public,
or how you export a name at the Scheme level (in C in Guile, it's
scm_c_export -- I could add this, but then I have to remember to
keep the list up-to-date somehow).  As you can see, I've tried to ignore
modules...