[CM] Realtime Grace with Scheme

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:56:05 -0600

On Nov 28, 2007, at 6:15 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:

> I may not be much help, especially if the MIDI implementation is
> more ALSA than OSS,

im pretty sure juce is using alsa for midi on linux -- there is an
entry for alsa in juce_Config.h  that needs to be ON:

/** Comment out this macro to disable building of ALSA device support
on Linux.
*/
#ifndef JUCE_ALSA
   #define JUCE_ALSA 1
#endif

if alsa is off then you wont see any ports ( i know because i made
this mistake). i dont know if this is your problem or if you have
ports and they just dont work.

>  but I might know someone who could help. I'll get in touch with
> Lucio Asnaghi, he's the developer of JOST, and he's been doing
> stuff with JUCE for quite a while, including a lot of MIDI stuff

great, thanks!