[CM] Receiving from portmidi

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:10:10 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Rick Taube wrote:
>> Rick?
>> This used to work. AFAICT *receive-methods* in io.lisp/io.scm is nil and
>> never initialized, as long as it is nil nothing will happen. None of the
>> receiver examples work (tried with today's svn and current portmidi and
>> rts tarballs).
>
> is this using the latest tarballs of rts and portmidi on sourceforge?

???
Please reread the last part of the paragraph you quote...

Again: yesterday's svm and current portmidi (2.0.1) and rts (2.0.1)
tarballs, freshly downloaded. Cm, portmidi and rts loaded on top of sbcl
1.0.9. Receiving does not work. Same error messages as reported several
times in the list. *receive-methods* is an association (according to the
scm code) that is tested and, as far as I can tell, is not set to anything
anywhere. I have not idea what it should be set to.