[CM] Snd 9.5

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:21:04 -0800

> Are we getting close to 35 years of John Chowning's article ? .

Yes, JC recently gave a talk on the history of FM for an AES conference --
I had been goofing around with that article before, but that got me
inspired -- now each time I add a paragraph, I think of 6 more I need.
He said the epiphany was 40 years ago -- my article was about 30 years ago which
doesn't seem possible.  I'm having more fun with this (and the new
generators) than I've had in about 15 years -- hmmm, 17 to be exact.