[CM] Newbie learning. . . . CM / CLM-3 / SND / Scheme???

Michael Scholz mi-scholz@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 31 May 2007 00:53:06 +0200

Hi, Andrzej!

> I'm a newbe  in Snd & co. I compiled snd with ruby support and I wonder
> if that was a good decision. I want to ask whether snd-ruby has same
> possibilities as guile version? I suppose there is nothing like
> rt_compile in my snd-ruby; also I wonder if something like snd-ls is
> achievable with ruby? Or 3D spectrogram from the manual (grfsnd.html)?

Nearly the full functionality of snd-guile can you expect with
snd-ruby.  For real time action you may check out the RubyInline
package from Ryan Davis (http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinline/).
You may find translation examples guile->ruby in *.rb files.  If you
find bugs in any *.rb file or you have special needs, please let me
know, though at the time I have no running snd-ruby, but that's a
different story.

Mike