[CM] Newbie learning. . . . CM / CLM-3 / SND / Scheme???

Andrzej Kopec akopec@chopin.edu.pl
Tue, 29 May 2007 18:02:39 +0200

Hi all,
It's my first post on this list, so sorry for possible "offtopicness".

I'm a newbe  in Snd & co. I compiled snd with ruby support and I wonder
if that was a good decision. I want to ask whether snd-ruby has same
possibilities as guile version? I suppose there is nothing like
rt_compile in my snd-ruby; also I wonder if something like snd-ls is
achievable with ruby? Or 3D spectrogram from the manual (grfsnd.html)?

Main question is: if I stay with ruby (which is IMHO easier to
understand) won't I miss any functionality? What with connection to
cm/cmn? I must admit that at this point I start playing with fomus, so
maybe I should switch to scheme/lisp?

TiA
ak:)