[CM] Newbie learning. . . . CM / CLM-3 / SND / Scheme???

Luke J Crook luke@balooga.com
Sat, 26 May 2007 10:35:08 -0700

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
 > I hope so.  In terms of with-sound and clm, if anything you can do more
> in Snd than in CL.  The error handling in Snd is much better than in any of the
> lisps except maybe ACL (Common Lisp debuggers are much worse than you can
> imagine, and no attempt is ever made to help with foreign functions -- you sometimes
> can't even use gdb).

It's not that bad, surely? It isn't possible to trace through the
foreign function from Lisp, but I have found that (Lispworks/SBCL) +
(SLIME+CFFI) provide sufficient feedback in the wrappers I've written
for SDL and OpenRM.

- Luke