[CM] music notation in Snd

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 15 May 2007 07:50:44 -0700

Check out

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/extsnd.html#mixname

I know... nobody writes music notation, or composes note-by-note anymore.

(The notes can be dragged to change onset time, and I'll add a vertical
drag to change pitch, notes can be grouped in arbitrary ways for things
like transposition, global amplitude envelopes, tempo changes, etc,
and all the edits are "virtual" -- no data is touched (well, almost) or
written to disk -- you're editing a representation of the piece at any
level from the sample to the whole thing, and all done almost
instantaneously, so the mouse actually drags smoothly etc.  I even
tried "fridge" with 500 notes, and didn't feel it slowing down).

The tune is from the kaiser waltz.