[CM] Xemacs/CM error

Landspeedrecord landspeedrecord@gmail.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:39:15 -0400

Well I found out what the problem with GNUPLOAT was... and pretty much
all the other problems I have had since I first started...

I was using cm-2.4.2.  Once I downloaded 2.10 everything works fine
(for the most part).

I followed this link on the Stanford Common Music "Installing Common
Music" page:
ftp://ftp-ccrma.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/cm/sources/
and I naturally downloaded the source that says "cm-latetest.tar.gz".

Which is cm 2.4.2 unfortunately for me.

Hopefully someone will remove the link entirely and only leave the one
pointing to the Sourceforge page or update the tarballs on the
Stanford page.  This has been a very frustrating experience and I
would hate for anyone else to make the same mistake I did.

Here is the text on the install page so you can see why I did what I
did and why it led me to wind up using an out of date version of
Common Music:

Installing from FTP
 Download the latest CM source archive (cm-latest.tar.gz) from either:
   1) Sourceforge Common Music Project
   2) ftp://ftp-ccrma.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/cm/sources
 Restore the archive in an appropriate directory on your machine:

Anyway... Thanks to all who have helped me troubleshoot my problems...
 I have some new ones now which I will post about in a seperate email.