[CM] Burning .IMG files on a PC

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:46:47 -0700

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 10:11 -0400, Landspeedrecord wrote:
> If Linux .IMGs I downloaded are old and obsolete, are there any newer
> ones?  What should I download and use? The newest version of Red Hat
> or Fedora?

I would recommend either Fedora Core 5 or 6. I don't have images as I
used to do (not enough time to do everything). If you have good internet
connectivity from the computer in question it should be fine to install
from the net (you will need the basic Fedora Core dvd or cds installed
first, of course).

> Will the rpms for all the CCRMA stuff work if I use the newest Linux
> versions?  I assumed that new versions might be somehow problematic
> which is why the CCRMA site had the images to download in the first
> place.
>
> Sorry for my confusion... I am new to Linux.

No problem. If you have more question probably the Planet CCRMA list is
a better forum for them...

-- Fernando