[CM] Burning .IMG files on a PC

Landspeedrecord landspeedrecord@gmail.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:11:19 -0400

------=_Part_20580_1721685.1173795079221

If Linux .IMGs I downloaded are old and obsolete, are there any newer ones?
What should I download and use? The newest version of Red Hat or Fedora?
Will the rpms for all the CCRMA stuff work if I use the newest Linux
versions?  I assumed that new versions might be somehow problematic which is
why the CCRMA site had the images to download in the first place.

Sorry for my confusion... I am new to Linux.

Thanks
Charley

On 3/10/07, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 12:55 -0500, Landspeedrecord wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to burn the planet CCRMA discs from a PC.  Neither Nero
> > nor Alcohol recognize the format.  Alcohol wants to know whether the
> > disc is "data track mode 1" or "data track mode 2 form 1" and also
> > what the block size is, etc...  Any ideas?  I did google it but I got
> > a giant mass of unhelpful gobblety-gook about Mac discs and video game
> > discs.  There was one post to this forum that mentioned how to do it
> > in Nero but it most have been an older version of nero because it
> > didn't work for me.
>
> Any Planet CCRMA cdrom images you might have are really really old and
> obsolete...
>
> I don't use any of the windows burners but you should have an option to
> burn an "iso image" or something similarly named. What I released in the
> past was in iso image format, that is, the file is a binary image of the
> disk to be burned (it is not a track or anything else, just a complete
> disk).
>
> -- Fernando

------=_Part_20580_1721685.1173795079221

If Linux .IMGs I downloaded are old and obsolete, are there any newer ones?&nbsp; What should I download and use? The newest version of Red Hat or Fedora?&nbsp; Will the rpms for all the CCRMA stuff work if I use the newest Linux versions?&nbsp; I assumed that new versions might be somehow problematic which is why the CCRMA site had the images to download in the first place.
nando@ccrma.stanford.edu</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 12:55 -0500, Landspeedrecord wrote: