[CM] Where are fth_new_eval and fth_printing_p?

Charles Turner vze26m98@optonline.net
Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:38:03 -0500

Hi all-

My build of Snd-fth fails with this:

/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _xrealloc
/usr/local/lib/libfth.a(utils.o) definition of _xrealloc in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/sw/lib/libreadline.dylib(xmalloc.so) definition of _xrealloc
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _xmalloc
/usr/local/lib/libfth.a(utils.o) definition of _xmalloc in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/sw/lib/libreadline.dylib(xmalloc.so) definition of _xmalloc
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _xfree
/usr/local/lib/libfth.a(utils.o) definition of _xfree in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/sw/lib/libreadline.dylib(xmalloc.so) definition of _xfree
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_fth_new_eval
_fth_printing_p
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [snd] Error 1

grep-ing for fth_new_eval and fth_printing_p in the snd-8.9 (release,
not CVS) and fth-1.0.8 (again, release) reveals nothing.

Looks like they've been pulled with a bunch of Forth stuff from xen.c in
the CVS. What's the story?

Can I just take the new xen.c and substitute it in the release
distribution, or do I need to commit to switching over to the Snd CVS?

Best, Charles

<vze26m98@optonline.net>