[CM] Re: Freeze Running Simplest Examples (snd-ls-0.9.7.12)

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Sun, 04 Mar 2007 10:06:35 +0100 (CET)

Esben Stien:

> Trying again to get snd-ls up and running;). I've now recompiled my
> entire OS, but getting the exact same problem;).
>
> I've compiled snd-ls and started it with M-x run-scheme in emacs. It
> starts up fine. I then, in scheme-mode, evaluate (load-from-path
> "rt-compiler.scm") and that also seems to go fine. It says RT-Compiler
> loaded successfully.
>
> I then run this example code, with C-M-x:
>
> (let ((osc (make-oscil)))
>  (<rt-play> 0 3
>     (lambda ()
>          (out (* 0.8
>                    (oscil osc))))))
>
> At exactly this point, when hitting the combination C-M-x, the snd-ls
> GTK window freeze and it's just grey and does not repaint. No sound is
> heard.

Oh no...

> I'm running jackd-0.102.29 on GNU/Linux-2.6.18-rt7.

Which version of gtk, which version of emacs, and which version of guile?

> Any pointers as to what I can try?

Yes, first try not to evalute (load-from-path "rt-compiler.scm"). It
shouldn't be necessary when using snd-ls. (need to update the manual)

If that didn't help, try to start snd-ls in a terminal, and then paste

  (let ((osc (make-oscil)))
   (<rt-play> 0 3
      (lambda ()
           (out (* 0.8